Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

new outfit for an old dress form

A short while ago I found an old dress form in our basement. It  was in no good condition. But I always wanted one. So I decided to sew a new outfit for it. My first problem was how to make a pattern for it. I wanted to have a quilted costume so I can better use pins on it. I pined the batting on the dress form stitching to get the pattern. Then I quilted the fabric directly on the batting.

dress form original
making of the pattern

new fabric
first try-on

try-on
try-on

on the top I set a pin cushion to have pins always on hand

from the back


the bottom - there was once a foot

from the top


an old lady in a new place





No comments:

Post a Comment