Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thread Sketching - First Time

I am always open to learn new skills and to try new things I explore on all these awesome blogs out there in the world wide web. I discovered Susan Brubaker Knapp and her ebooks: "Quilting Arts: Thread Sketching 101" and "Point, Click, Quilt" a few month ago. My first try in this thread art was a mug rug with some apples on it. I cut the apples out form a printed fabric, machine applied them on linen and did my firt time thread sketching... Here are the results:

Apples first thread sketching ever.... I love this technique - want to make more 

the comlete mug rug  I sent to Tassmania together with the one below

Bildunterschrift hinzufügen
 I participated in an international mug rug swap hosted by Michele Foster from the Quilting Gallery.
It was a great fun to swap all over the world. Michele picked us partners and we did the rest via e-mail and facebook.
I learned a new skill and got a new friend from literally the other side of this planet. It was a great experience to me.

1 comment:

  1. AND you did a wonderful job too, Manuela!! Your got me very interested in having a go at this technique. cheers ange

    ReplyDelete